The entire procedure takes about five weeks, counting from the moment that the
information to build the scale models is received:
Planning of a typical wind tunnel project.
A typical project of wind tunnel testing of the wind loads on an emblematic
building like the Hotel Vela in Barcelona (see figure) would consist of the following stages:
- Request by the client to carry out the wind tunnel tests.
- Price quotation to the client.
- Agreement on the price.
- Presentation by the client of all the information necessary to build the scale models.
- Construction of the scale models, focussing on all the aerodynamically relevant details.
- Wind tunnel measurements and presentation of the provisional results.
- Post-processing of the results and delivery of the final report.
Pressure taps sketch and scale model of the Hotel Vela in Barcelona.
Pictures courtesy of the IDR/UPM Institute (Madrid).